SEM is building, maintaining and optimizing search advertising campaigns with pay-per-click vendors such as Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search, MSN and Facebook.
SEM engagements for me typically involve the following deliverables:
Campaign Build & Management
- Keyword Strategy | The set of keywords and phrases used in your campaign, organized in ad groups
- AdCopy | Ad copy for each ad group (in multiples if A/B testing)
- Landing Pages | Unique landing page design and messaging for each ad group
- Campaign Build | Uploading structured campaign to search vendors
- Maintain | Manage bidding and budget, expand/edit keywords and adgroups, manage against cost per acquisition (CPA) goals
- Test-learn | Introduce new ad copy, test multiple landing pages, target new segments and optimize for improved conversion.